By SDCNN Staff
Linda Vista Health Center — San Diego Family Care’s newest facility — officially opened on Monday, May 9, as a one-stop medical, dental and mental health facility located at 7011 Linda Vista Road.
The new, 23,000-square-foot facility is expected to accommodate an additional 40,000 patient visits in its first year.
“We are thrilled to have the opportunity to further serve our community with increased access to quality care through this new health center,” Roberta Feinberg, Chief Executive Officer of San Diego Family Care, said in a statement.
“At San Diego Family Care, we take the time to listen, find answers and provide quality care. With our focus on expanding access to care, our goal is to be your primary care provider.”
Linda Vista Health Center will offer the following services:
- Adult medicine
- Mental health (psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers)
- Prenatal and reproductive care
- Teen clinic
- On site laboratory and pharmacy
- Clinical trials
Established in the early 1970s, San Diego Family Care operates seven community health centers in City Heights and Linda Vista, well-known for their delivery of high quality care to all families in San Diego County. In 2015, San Diego Family Care delivered 96,000 visits to individuals in need. Multiple insurance types are accepted, including MediCal and Medicare, and all services are available on a sliding fee scale to uninsured individuals to ensure affordability.
Over the years, the new Linda Vista facility was home to a Safeway supermarket, a Thrift Village thrift store, and a 96 Cent & Up store. Completely renovated, the new health center is bright, airy and features 19 exam rooms for adults and children, six dental operatories, a private mental health pavilion, lab, pharmacy, and five separate waiting rooms for each service offered. Each room is colorful and creates a welcoming atmosphere for patients and staff. Ample parking is also available.
As a nonprofit health center, San Diego Family Care also relies on donations from the public to support:
- Meds-for-Kids Program: Just $5 will provide one prescription to one sick, uninsured child; a $1,000 donation will enable 200 prescriptions to low-income children;
- Laboratory Test Fund: Provides funds for lab tests for uninsured patients who only pay for the visit to the doctor, but cannot pay for their lab tests;
- Medical Equipment Fund: State of the art medical and dental equipment is critically needed at all times to insure the delivery of the highest possible quality care to the community. Donations insure SDFC’s success in maintaining a high level of public health in San Diego.
- Information Technology Fund: Financial support to this fund allows SDFC to maintain their electronic medical records, determine financial eligibility of patients and deliver high quality care.
To learn more about San Diego Family Care or to make a tax-deductible donation, visit sdfamilycare.org. To schedule an appointment at any San Diego Family Care health center, call 858-279-0925.